Oct 29, 2009
Hello, Can night sweats occur after one year of possible transmission.
Response from Dr. McGowan
Night sweats are not a specific symptom of anything. They can be caused by conditions from infections (such as HIV, tuberculosis, viral infections, fungal infections, parasites, etc) to glandular conditions (such as menopause or thyroid problems), to skin conditions (sunburns, rashes), to stress/anxiety. HIV is only a tiny cause. Some people have night sweats their whole lives. If this is a new or worsening symptom you should discuss with your doctor to see what may be behind the symptom.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get HIV From Picking Your Nose?
- Flu Symptoms After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Anal Sex With HIV Positive Female
- California Laws For Partner Notification For HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.