Five days after exposure I began an intense tingling in the legs

Hello doctor, is the first time I write. I'm worried because I had a risky sexual relationship on 30 October 2007. Five days after exposure I began an intense tingling in the legs. The tingling went up till the knees. After this, the legs felt heavy and well at night shaking. I never had a fever but while cold. I had diarrhea and stool color changed to yellow. I went to several doctors, two generals, two internists, two infectious disease, two gastroenterologists and two neurologists. Only the neurologist said it could be a kind of Guillen Barre. I did the tests for syphilis, gonorrhea, herpes, hepatitis A, B and C and HIV testing at 3 months and all were negative. I repeated the test for HIV at 11 months and tested negative. Then I got tested for hepatitis C RIBA at 14 months and came back negative. It has been two years and I still have problems with my nerves, my legs are asleep and feel pins in the skin (arms and legs). The stools are no longer yellow but no consistency. I do not know what else to do and I want to have a normal life and a partner without fear of infecting my partner with a disease. What can I do? Please help!

I should repeat or do another test?

Response from Dr. McGowan

Thanks for your question. Your symptoms are not typical for an acute HIV infection. And now 2 years later and with a negative HIV test 11 months after the possible exposure there is no evidence to suggest that you have HIV infection. I am sorry you have such disturbing symptoms, but I can assure you it is not due to HIV infection from that episode in 2007.

Practice safe sex, but there is no need for further HIV testing based on what you ahve described.

Best,

Joe

Would every HIVer die without meds?
Which combo to start with? Please help!!!