The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Should I get tested ?

Oct 25, 2009


I was working as a callgirl-escort for 3 weeks..I know the risk in such circumstances is very high, but however I tried to be as careful as could/ although not always succesful.

I had 2 instances od ripping off the condom ( once with a sperm inside, when I basicly went into the toalet put the water into my v**ina to taki it out)-- dont know how befenicial might be,and some cases maybe 8-10 of oral without and many with kissing.

Since, obviously these were not very " rich" people nor those concerned with the health issues-I'm quite worried about the outcome of this!!

The man who I had the misfortune to have ripped off condom said that he was using this services for 20y although he " tried" to be with condom!! He was quite pale, thin, ugly man living in terrible conditions and I'm quite worried about this instance.

To cut the story, What's the risk of getting HIV in such circumstance and when is the best to get tested?>

Also, I have not had my period this mounth which is quite strange, have flu, and feel extremely exhausted/ tired...

Maybe there is answer for this...


Response from Dr. McGowan

To answer your question, yes, you should get an HIV test. You should see a doctor who can monitor your progress, examine you and test you for other sexually transmitted diseases. If your HIV test is negative, you should get re-tested in a couple of months to confirm the first negative result. Your doctor may also test you for what is known as acute HIV infection (when the regular HIV antibody test may be negative but the HIV viral load test is extremely high). Acute HIv infection can present with fever, rash, swollen nodes and a sore throat. Finally, people who may get exposed to HIV (sexually or otherwise) can take post-exposure prophylaxis or PEP. This PEP needs to be taken as soon as possible after the exposure but at least within a couple of days after the exposure.

The condom break and the semen went into me!!!! Help!!!
ecstasy with hiv tablets

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint