Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

The condom break and the semen went into me!!!! Help!!!
Oct 25, 2009

Hi,

I'll try to consolidate and put this as clear/short as possible.. My ex Bf appeared to be of a very Suspicious past and Behaviour!! during our relationship-- didnt last long I can remmember( apart from the orals without) 2 times of a condom brekage without Semen and 1-- which was 2 weeks ago with semen which Ive concluded went into me/ my v***na...At that moment,I got panic and went to a toalet putting as much water inside as possible as though logicly would make it get it out!! Which noe reading the sites, concluded I've made even worse!!

I dont know if he is HIV + or not, but as I asked him repeteadly and he didnt want to disclose the information/ nor get tested I started to freak!!!

Now As I ve found out an info about him being bisexual and visiting some houses of pleasure I think the Risk got even higher!!

Its 2 weeks after our last encounter, and 2 days to be even worse I ve made a pregnancy test --- being late for some time which appeared to be positive..

I'm completely in loss of words... Dont know where to go/what to do and .. Just Whats the best advice for this moment!! I certainly will abort the baby, but If by any chance I'm HIV positive is there any way to protect myself/immprove or whatsoever to be done!!

Pleaseeee I need and Immidiate answer!!!

Response from Dr. McGowan

I am very sorry to read of your distress. My suggestion is that you see a doctor as soon as your able who can monitor your progress. I would suggest you obtain an HIV test now and if the result says you are HIV negative, repeat the test in a couple of months to make sure it still tells you that your are HIV negative. People who may have be exposed to HIV can take post exposure prophylaxis but this has to be taken as soon as possible after the exposure and at the very latest within a couple of days of the exposure. If the HIV test is positive, you should know that are lots of options for treatment.

Previous
Gynotype question
Next
Should I get tested ?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.