Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

undianosed
Oct 25, 2009

i was exposed to have a few years ago.i did test negative on the elisa rna, nat, dna.so i ruled out hiv 1 and 2. .. Please it be very helpful if you can put your input on this matter. If someone was experiencing lipoatrophy without knowing there hiv status, and of course not being on meds. Could this be the most obvious symptom of hiv infection? There millions of searches as far as this toppic goes, and not one related to non-hiv matter. Please Doc. Anything would be helpful... I'm going crazy, and it's not because I'm not fit to live. I lived through a lot shit in the past, I just can't seem to be able to live with this body changes that are happening. i did have burning mouth sydrome for six months after the exposure, i been have candiasis in mouth for a while, my toes are turning black from fungus. lipo has been a very slow process notice it this summer, seem to be getting worse now veins are showing . diaper rash on anus for about a year and half, i use med from doctor it went almost away, but keeps bing there. stomach is huge, well it looks big cause arms are very skinny, actually one are is better than the other. that goes for my face, the left side of my face is pretty much ok, but the right side is not good . thank you.

Response from Dr. McGowan

I am sorry that you are experiencing these body changes. I think the best thing you can do at this point is see a doctor who would evaluate or re-evaluate the findings you describe. The body habitus changes you outline are not exclusive to HIV infection. The doctor may decide to conduct some tests (including perhaps a repeat HIV test).

Previous
Can I relax now and enjoy life?
Next
Gynotype question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.