The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

want to more about HIV

Oct 19, 2009

Sir I'm pitter from India . I have HIV last two year's with my wife i have one son but he not HIV. sir How can i safe to my son to HIV. Now i get VIRADAY medcines.Sir today i read website( silver traphy. they say me only 1400 us dollar one time than you cure to HIV. They right sir or wrong.Please get me advice about this matter. Really i have too much problem.please sir

Response from Dr. McGowan

I understand your concern for your family. Since your son is HIV negative he can remain uninfected as long as he is not in direct contact with blood or other body fluids. HIV does not spread from usual household contact so his risk is not high. I do not know how old he is but if he is beyond breastfeeding and has been HIV negative he should be fine. If you have a cut of bleeding episode the wound should be covered and any blood spill cleaned with bleach this will prevent exposure to him.

Viraday (which is generic Atripla: tenofovir, emtricitabine and efavirenz) is an effective treatment for HIV if it is pure. A problem with many generics are that they may not contain accurate amounts of active medication.

I would not recommend anything that claims to be a "cure" or quick fix for HIV. NO such treatment exists and this is a likely scam to get money from you. Treatment of HIV now requires prolonged medication to shut down the virus and let the immune system heal. Do not spend your precious resources on things that wil not work.

I hope you and your family remain healthy.


Worried about H1N1
Atripla rash.

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint