from undetectable VL to slightly elevated

I was dignosed in 2005 with VL 95000 and Tcell of 195. Started on Norvir-Truvada-Lexiva right away. Eversince, been undetectable until I went to my MD on 8/18/09 I found out that my VL went up to 300's but my Tcell's are in the 500's. Due to the fact that I missed alot of doses, Do you think the virus are now resistant to my current regimen? Just FYI also, been very, very stressed out lately due to school. thanks

Hello and thanks for your post.

Good to hear that you've been doing well on your regimen.

If this is your only detectable viral load following a bunch of previous undetectable ones, I'd bet that this test simply represents a non-significant blip. The fact that you've been under stress raises the question if you could have a silent herpes flair or other minor infection-- just the recipe for a low level detectable viral burden-- but exactly the circumstances that nearly always (provided that you continue to be adherent) don't result in drug resistance.

So here's to less school stress, a next lab with an undetectable viral load and good health.

BY

alternative medicine
Prezista as first line HAART for newly diagnosed