Is it side effect or weakness

Dear doctor, thanks for your commitment on people like us, My question is I started my hiv meds on june 1st 09, which is Viraday (Indian Atripla) all the side effects like drowsiness rashes were observed at 15 days of start, latter it disappeared, I was feeling great until recent where I m experiencing the pain and swelling on my right knee, if not it is always, but when I walk for some distance more than 1 km. Is this pain and light swelling at knee is side effect or general weakness

Hello and thanks for your post.

Your symptoms of knee pain and swelling are not typically associated with any of the medications of Atripla or Viraday (tenofovir, FTC or efavirenz).

I'd give a brief course of over-the-counter dosed acetaminophen (Tylenol) or ibuprofen a try. If your symptoms persist, I would suggest contacting your healthcare provider for further evaluation.

Be well and thanks for reading.

BY

HIV PREVENTION
T-Cell/CCR-5 diversion