Accutane

Hello, Im 40, male; 2 years with HIV.CD4 is 450. I had a treatment of acuttane 10 years ago, with very good results. Acne is back and I would like to start another treatment of accutane. is it dangerous for my liver or another part of my body? Thank you. Gilbert

Hello Gilbert and thanks for your post.

There's no reason at first glance why you couldn't take another round of Accutane-- especially in light of the fact that you took it successfully before.

The key issue is whether Accutane might interact with any other medication (including HIV medications) that you are taking. So, before starting back, be sure to ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist about possible drug-drug interactios.

Be well, BY

About aspen lamzid
PEP for someone already with HIV to prevent superinfection