|About aspen lamzid
Oct 2, 2009
Has aspen lamzid been known to decrease the possibility of HIV infection after sexual intercourse?
| Response from Dr. Young
The components of Lamzid (we call Combivir), AZT and lamivudine (3TC) are recommended medications for post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP). If initiated within 72 hours of the exposure, AZT has been shown to reduce the rates of HIV infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Loose Stool An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Blood In Semen After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Touching Dried Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Sex With Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.