want to fall pregnant

being pos since 2005 feb, started meds in nov 05 with cd4 198. Currently my cd4 is 450 with und vl, i want to fall pregnant. What must i do? Secondly my menstruation last for 1 & half days, will this affect my fertility or not. My partner is neg, we use condoms all the time and withdraw sperms with a syringe then put in my vagina, will this work? desperate

Hello D and thanks for your post.

Probably the first thing to do is to talk to your healthcare provider about your desire to have a family.

It is entirely possible for you to become pregnant, and the idea of artificial insemination seems reasonable. (Of course, you'd want to make sure that you're not using any lubricants with spermicide.)

Best of luck to you,

BY

HIV vaccine
HAART and a herbal therapy for candida