VCO and Glutathione

Greetings from the Philippines!

Hi Doc BY,

There are some claims by people living with HIV/AIDS here in The Philippines that Virgin Coconut Oil (VCO) and Glutathione is good and help increase CD4 count?

What is your take on this?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks a lot!

Rico

Hello Rico and nice to hear back from you.

As you'll read on this Forum's pages, I'm not a big fan of most alternative and complementary therapies-- not because I don't want to see simple or well tolerated strategies to improve health, but rather that I'll wait to see well designed, replicated scientific studies to satisfy my need for proof of effectiveness and safety.

To this extent, neither VCO nor glutathione have met these criteria. As such, I'm very skeptical of claims of benefit.

Hope this helps,

BY

neurosyphilis
Boosted vs. Unboosted Reyataz