|forgot HIV meds twice this week
Sep 26, 2009
I was traveling and forgot to take my meds Wed and Fri. Should I wait until the drugs clear from my system and then reintroduce them or should I take my normal dose tonight? I didn't want to take them this morning because I want to continue taking them before bed.
| Response from Dr. Young
Hi and thanks for your post.
I would just resume your treatments on schedule. More importantly is a good introspective look at why you missed your doses this week-- see if there's something (like reminders, pill box, alarm) that might help prevent this in the future.
I hope this is helpful,
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Can Cause A False Positive For Gonorrhea?
- What Are The Characteristics Or Identities Of Shingles?
- Risk Using No Condom When One Partner Has Herpes But Not On An Outbreak
- Risk Of Transmitting Herpes Through Kissing
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Genital Herpes While Using A Condom?
- Syphilis And Itchy Skin Rashes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.