feel tired

Iam on medication 4.5 years stocrin 3tc and videx.i have undetectable viral load and cd4 around 390.The last year i feel tired i need to sleep more than 8 hours and i have not interesting of sex with my bf.Is this normal? Do i have to change the medication? But in my work i feel ok.Thanks.

Hello and thanks for your post.

There are so many different causes of fatigue that it would be difficult to necessarily blame your medications, especially in light of the fact that you've been doing well for 4 years.

If loss of sexual interest if part of your symptoms, I'd wonder if your testosterone level is low (I'd ask your doctor to measure your free testosterone level); similarly mood problems (like depression) can also cause symptoms of fatigue and loss of sexual interest.

Also, you mention your sleep-- it's possible that your sleep isn't very efficient. Many of my patients have problems with sleep hygiene (sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome).

I hope this is a useful start, BY

Weight.
forgot HIV meds twice this week