viral load undetectable

Iam HIV + since March 2006 and my viral load is undetect. since June 2006 and CD 4-500. My question is if my Viral load is undetect. and I go to any clinic get serologic test for HIV antibody - it will show that Iam negative or still positive? Thank You

Hi and thanks for your post.

The HIV antibody test and HIV viral load test measure two very different (though obviously related) things. The viral load test is highly sensitive and uses molecular techniques (called PCR) to measure the RNA (or DNA) of the virus in blood.

By contrast, the antibody tests measure your (ie., the human) immune response to the virus. Once your immune system has been exposed to HIV, the antibodies (and hence the test) remain positive, essentially for life.

So saddly, while having a negative HIV viral load is a great thing, your antibody test will remain positive; you will always be HIV+.

I hope this helps.

BY

roommate took my meds instead of vitamins
Re-CD4 Test