|Atripla and hunger
Sep 19, 2009
Why is it that Atripla needs to be taken on an empty stomach? can you please give me some idea what this means in terms of how long after/before eating atripla should be taken?
Response from Dr. Young
We answer this question at least once a week.
Atripla does not need be taken on an empty stomach.
For some people, the medication is better tolerated on an empty stomach (usually defined as no food for about 2 hours before dosing). If tolerability isn't an issue, eat away.
Be well, BY
Is it ok to take expired Valtrex?
Atripla and Isentress taken at same time
- Black Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- How Does Thrush Spread To Other People?
- What Is The Most Common Oral Sex Std?
- Can You Get Hiv From Fist Fighting?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.