|Atripla and hunger
Sep 19, 2009
Why is it that Atripla needs to be taken on an empty stomach? can you please give me some idea what this means in terms of how long after/before eating atripla should be taken?
| Response from Dr. Young
We answer this question at least once a week.
Atripla does not need be taken on an empty stomach.
For some people, the medication is better tolerated on an empty stomach (usually defined as no food for about 2 hours before dosing). If tolerability isn't an issue, eat away.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Testicles After Touching Skin Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Mouth After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- Trouble Urinating After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can A Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause A Sore On Your Gums?
- I Have Vaginal Irritation And Blisters
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.