undectable

i went to doctor cause i was exposed to hiv and had swollen glands and was pretty sick. he did a hiv and hiv rna test on me and they were both negative. he said it cant be hiv cause my viral would be sky high. and he did another hiv test and viral . it came back positve but the hiv rna came back undectable? i had the western blot comfirmed,but i am undectable. my cd 4 count is 1420. why did i not have a viral during acute infecion? now its been 6 weeks and i still am undectable with minor skin problems,how could i be undectable. how?

Hello and thanks for your post.

As I understand your labs, you have a positive Elisa and Western blot for HIV (sorry).

It's pretty unusual to see a recent (or acutely) infected person have an undetectable viral load. Nevertheless, undetectable viral loads are rarely (but are) seen in persons with confirmed HIV infection.

So, I'm not sure if we can definitively say when you acquired HIV based on these tests, but looks like if the western blot is confirmed and the viral load is confirmed that you might be in the fortunate group with excellent likelihood of slow disease progression.

Be well, BY

Effect of irregular pep treatment intake times
Is it ok to take expired Valtrex?