|Effect of irregular pep treatment intake times
Sep 18, 2009
Hi dr. ,am on pep treatment after i got exposed to a hiv infected partner-condom burst! I am taking aspen lamzid 2 times a day, i hav established my time as 8.30am and 8.30pm,though am not exactly timely to take my pill, at times am like 10mins-20mins late, Am jus worried what wld be the effect of irregular pep treatment times, would the virus develop resistance? Thank you, kind regards
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
A 10-20 minute variation in when you take your medications won't have any effect on potency.
He's hoping for a healthy outcome.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Are Pep Treatments Effective If Given Within Enough Time?
- How Effective Is Pep For Hiv Treatment?
- Blood In Urine After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Psoriasis After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Psoriasis After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.