atripladigestion

i went to the toilet and i notice 2 pild of atripla like they were not digested. I read that i have to take the pild in an empty stomach but since i started the treatment 2 years ago i always take it in a full stomach and my exams every 3 months comeback great. i m not detectable and i have 1100 t-cells. tell me what to do to avoid this. if is possible to take it 2 hours before dinner? thanks for your help doctor. by the way i m robert

Hello Robert and thanks for your post.

If your viral load has been undetectable, then clearly, there's no need to worry.

As for taking Atripla and food, the only reason to avoid food while taking the pill is because food in the stomach increases the absorption of the medications slightly-- thereby increasing the possibility of the psychological side effects of efavirenz. If you don't have any side effects while taking the medication with food, then there's no need to change what you're doing.

Be well, BY

HIV/TB coinfection. ART and antibiotics?
Re-CD4