Sep 18, 2009
can i take nevirapine alone for PEP? after a burst condom?
Response from Dr. Young
Nevirapine (alone or in combination) IS NOT recommended for post-exposure prophylaxis.
There have been cases of liver toxicity (even liver failure) after using NVP in this setting.
I have to question the education of the healthcare provider who gave you this prescription.
Is my combination safe
HIV/TB coinfection. ART and antibiotics?
- Chance Of Getting HIV From Touching Vagina
- Do People Get HIV From Erotic Massage?
- Does Painful Ejaculation Mean I Have Hiv?
- Purple Spots Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Swollen Lymph Glands Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.