Sep 18, 2009
can i take nevirapine alone for PEP? after a burst condom?
| Response from Dr. Young
Nevirapine (alone or in combination) IS NOT recommended for post-exposure prophylaxis.
There have been cases of liver toxicity (even liver failure) after using NVP in this setting.
I have to question the education of the healthcare provider who gave you this prescription.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Night Sweats After Touching Open Wound Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Getting Fingered Worried I Have
- Painful Red Spots After Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.