For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

I just took my first pill of this last night and this is some heavy stuff. I barely was able to sleep, this is my first time on meds though. I was taking Ambien (10 mg) prior to this, can I still take the ambien in order to sleep restfully?

Thank you very much

Hello and thanks for your post.

Insomnia isn't uncommon after the first doses of efavirenz (part of Atripla). Fortunately, for most people, this side effect fades quickly with additional doses.

In the meanwhile, yes-- you can take zolpidem (Ambien) to help with the sleeplessness.

Be well, BY

Tracking of virus in case of a trial for HIV-transmission