Sep 7, 2009
When will ritonavir as a booster be made in a non refrigerated formula? I take alot of pills and would like to simplify my program.
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
No immediate word about when the tablet formulation of ritonavir will be released-- it's been promised for years by Abbott Laboratories.
[Editor's note: In January 2009, a "heat-stable" tablet form of Norvir was submitted by Abbott for U.S. Food and Drug Administration approval. As of September 2009 that approval had not yet been granted.]
For now, know that you don't have to keep today's (or this month's) doses in the fridge- the capsule is stable at room temperature for at least 1 month.
Hope this helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Swollen Lymph Nodes A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Stinging Pain Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Fever After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Groin Pain After Barebacking Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.