Aug 31, 2009
1. can you get Shingles more than once? 2. if you've had Shingles, would the vaccine Zostavax be beneficial so not to get it again?
Response from Dr. McGowan
Thanks for your question:
1) Yes, you can get shingles more than once...it arises from the varicella (chicken pox) virus that stays in our bodies for life and can reactivate under certain circumstances
2) Having shingles is not reason not to receive zostavax. At this time there have been no studies to demonstarte the safety and effectiveness of using zostavax in people with HIV infection with CD4 counts below 200. There are studies underway to address this, so stay tuned. Best,
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute?
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Sore On Mouth After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Does Bactrim Treat Syphilis?
- Over The Counter Products That Test For Vaginal Infections
- Are Night Sweats A Sign Of Hiv Infection?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.