Nausea

I haven't started my meds yet. For the past few day, I've been feeling nausea. I'll see my doc for for the first time in four days. I'm currently taking meds from a recent run in with phneuomiia. At times I may have a stomach pain. My appetite went down some also. What can I do?

Response from Dr. McGowan

Thank you for your question. Sorry to hear about your nausea. A number of things may be at play. The treatment for your pneumonia may be responsible for the nausea and thegastrointestinal upset that your are experiencing. You may wish to hold off starting your HIV medications until you have completed the course of treatment for your pneumonia. If your nausea persists, your doctor may prescribe you an anti-nausea medication or recommend you see a gastrointestinal specialist. But I would wait to see what happens after you complete your pneumonia treatment. Joe

words of hope
Adherance, Resistance, Dementia, Mutation