treatment

My wife's cd4 is 19 and viral load is 13,632 she is suffering from fever frequently and has pains in mouth and in complete bed rest. what kind of treatment is required? In how many months can she get healthy?

Hello and thanks for your post

I'm very sorry to hear about your wife. She has a terribly low CD4 count (though relatively low viral load), and really needs to start on combination treatment for HIV as soon as possible. She should also be taking antibiotics to prevent certain AIDS complications- treatment guidelines recommend azithromycin and trimethoprim/sulfa (Bactrim, Septra).

It's not clear what might be the cause of her mouth pains, but typically herpes infections are often the cause; acyclovir is helpful.

When I meet patients like your wife, with careful monitoring and adherence to medications, she should feel better gradually, over the course of several weeks to months.

Stay in touch; let us know how she's doing and always feel free to write back.

BY

Unsure exposure and treatment
Residual ByProds Meds, Reabsorption Constipation