Unsure exposure and treatment

Hi, I had unprotected sex today. The person I had sex with told me he got tested 3 weeks ago and was negative, but I wasn't sure if he was being truthful or lying. So I went to the hospital for a PEP treatment. The doctor gave me a shot of antibiotics and four pink pills during the appointment, and then prescribed to me Truvada for once daily for 7 days. Is this a the normal prescription? I thought they were suppose to prescribe it for 28 days?

I'm a little scared right now because I've read that if you don't take it enough, the virus, if it is there, would get immune if the treatment is stopped prematurely.

You're right, PEP should be given for 28, not 7 days. You should talk to your healthcare provider about getting the additional days of treatment.

Best of luck, BY

CD4 Count
treatment