|PEP between exposure
Aug 21, 2009
He i had a first exposure with HIV posite partner and i was put on PEP but during the treatment i had other comdom slip again. shuold i continue with the treatment?
| Response from Dr. Young
Hi and thanks for your post.
Yes, you should continue on your previously prescribed PEP. The additional question relates to how long you should stay on PEP-- I'd generally advise staying on PEP for 4 weeks following your last (or in this case, second) exposure.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Vaginal Discharge After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Herpes From A Cold Sore?
- Can You Get Hepatitis B From Raw Oysters?
- Does Hpv Cause Dizziness?
- How Long Do Hep C Symptoms Take To Occur?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.