|PEP between exposure
Aug 21, 2009
He i had a first exposure with HIV posite partner and i was put on PEP but during the treatment i had other comdom slip again. shuold i continue with the treatment?
| Response from Dr. Young
Hi and thanks for your post.
Yes, you should continue on your previously prescribed PEP. The additional question relates to how long you should stay on PEP-- I'd generally advise staying on PEP for 4 weeks following your last (or in this case, second) exposure.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Loose Stool Sign Of HIV Infection
- Sore Throat Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For HIV
- Burning Urethra After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling In Feet After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.