about my medication

doctor, i am taking tenofovir, saquinavir,emtricitibina and ritonavir, i am undetectable and cd4 is 665, cd 8 1250 but my question: i think that a im taking a lot of meds,is this combination good?

Response from Dr. McGowan

Thanks for the question. Your combination is a perfectly good one. A good treatment has at least 3 active drugs to kill the virus, in your case it is the 1) tenofovir, 2) emtricitabine and 3) the saquinavir boosted by ritonavir (these last 2 have to work together and strenghthen the combo greatly). So it is well balanced. The number of pills could be lessened by combining the tenofovir and emtricitabine into the single pill truvada.

Best, Joe

Overiding fear in medical professional
Stopped my meds