Overiding fear in medical professional

Dear Sirs, I am a medical doctor and would really appreciate your help. I had requested a hiv test fro a private medical company.They sent me the apprpriate pack with needle and bottles to take the test. After I took the blood I panicked that how did i know they sent me a clean needle.I contacted them and they said all needles are clean. I am awaiting the original proviral dna result for the original incident- aseptic blood sample taken from me).I fear my hiv anxiety may be being overriden by ocd. i would value your risk assesment re the blood sampling issue. With many thanks.Please reply I need to get on with my life and career once and for all.God bless

Response from Dr. McGowan

Thanks for your question. Any risk associated with use of the commercial kit would of course depend on the reliability of the supplier. The specific risk for HIV transmission in this setting would be negligible since the virus would not remain viable on a needle that had been sealed and sent in the mail, etc.

Joe

t cells count
about my medication