question about sexuality -

hey i asked this question but didnt get answer. could you please tell me if it ok to hide the sexuality from doctor. i m married bi-sexual but dont want to disclose it. i am worried that my wife will leave me if she knows.

please tell us what to do? if i tell doctor how confidential it will be. my wife use to see all my medical records and lab results. if it doesnt matters with respect to medicine/test then i would like to hide it. please help me.

Response from Dr. McGowan

Thank you for your question.

Your sexual orientation is not a medical issue. However, if you are HIV positive it is extremely imporatnt that your sexual partners are informed. If your sexual practices (with either gender) put you at risk for an STD or HIV than you have a responsibilty to protect yourself, have yourself tested and treated for any STD and to inform your partner(s).

Joe

newly diagnosed/no treatment?
Is my treatment working? Prezista+Truvada+Norvir