newly diagnosed/no treatment?

I am a female 30 just diagnosed within the last couple of weeks.Cd4 count is 805 and viral load is 750. Doctor says no need to start treatment just more blood work in 3 mos. Is this appropriate? I have been unable to find any counselors specializing in HIV patients...any suggestions? Live in the LA area.Thank you

Response from Dr. McGowan

Thanks for your post.

Your doctor is giving reasonable advice. Your CD4 count is good and viral load is low (less than 5-10,000 on no meds). This combination is usually associated with a slow progression toward illness. The key is to keep monitoring it.

A resource for finding counseling and peer support in LA is : AIDS Project Los Angeles (www.APLA.org). I would welcome other suggestions from readers.

Best, Joe

new on meds still decectable after 16 weeks why ???
question about sexuality -