continue testing again.

why do you tell some people to test after six months. here is the paragragh you wrote. I would continue to refrain from breastfeeding and have a follow-up HIV antibody test for yourself at 3 months and 6 months after the exposure. If that is negative, then there is no need for further testing and no need to do another PCR unless you develop symptoms (such as fever, rash, swollen glands thanks

Response from Dr. McGowan

Sorry for any confusion. Based on CDC and New York State AIDS Institute (I practice in NY) guidelines for Post-exposure prophylaxis after sexual (non-occupational) exposures, HIV testing should be done at 4-6 weeks, 3 months and 6 months after exposure.

I hope that helps.

is it true that bananas are not good for hivers on treatment