Valium an hour after taking ARV

since ARV causes insomnia (Lamivudine/Zidovudine)

If I take valium an hour after the ARV combo Q12 to help me get sleep, will it have a negative effect on the absorption of the drug for my body?

Thanks

Hello and thank you for your post.

Taking the Valium won't affect the absorption of your HIV medications.

However, it strikes me unusual to hear that your lamivudine/zidovudine is causing insomnia. Are you taking a third medication (you should be)? If the third medication is efavirenz (Sustiva, Stocrin) this could be a cause of insomnia.

Valium is not my preferred medication for the treatment of mild-moderate insomnia. I'd consider using simple over the counter diphenhydramine (Benadryl, or the "PM" part of Tylenol PM) or prescription meds like Ambien, Lunesta or Sonata-- they're usually shorter acting and have lower addictive potential than Valium.

Be well, BY

A Question about Low count of Lymphocytes
is it true that bananas are not good for hivers on treatment