Isentress & Epzicom
Aug 4, 2009
It seems that most of the studies have paired Isentress with Truvada. Is there any reason to believe that Epzicom would not work equally as well with Isentress? Thanks.
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thank you for your post.
Provided that the patient is genetically screened for abacavir hypersensitivity (allergy), there's no particular reason why Epzicom (abacavir/3TC) shouldn't work with the integrase inhibitor, Isentress (raltegravir).
Indeed, while there aren't any prospective studies (yet) on this combination,we have a few patients on the regimen- our results so far are very encouraging.
I hope this helps. Let us know how you do on the combo.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute Risk Of Getting HIV
- Can You Catch AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Burning Urethra After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.