What meds i have to take

Hi, am from south India, when i was 18 year old in 1998 , i had sex with maid in my home about 8 to 10 times. At that time i dont know about AIDS. I got married in Dec 2008. Recently i heard my maid's husband died with AIDS. i completely read all articles in this site, came to know that i have lipoathropy and HIV, coz from 2001 i have fat loss in my face, legs, neck. Recently it is started to my wife. i never tested for HIV, am afraid . i dont want to tell this to my wife coz she will attempt to suicide, am going to take tests. what meds i have to take for lipoathropy and HIV ?? What is HIV1 and HIV2 ?

Response from Dr. McGowan

I think it is best not to jump too far ahead. I am glad you have decided to have an HIV test. If that is positive you should make sure your wife is tested too. There is nothing to be ashamed about. Your contact was before your marriage. If you test poitive there are many options for treatment even in India. Survival now is excellent for people who take their meds and do not miss doses. Take things one step at a time.

As for your second question HIV1 and HIV2 are the 2 major types of HIV. Most cases of AIDS are caused by HIV-1. In India, almost all infections are from HIV-1 (less than 1% have HIV-2 and most of those are infected with both HIV-1 and 2 together). Current tests look for both types of the virus.

Best,

Joe

my lab results
Isentress & Epzicom