my lab results

Could you tell me if I need treatment or not? Maybe even tell me if my numbers are fine? I just got my lab results in two days ago and they were VL 112,101 and a CD4 count of 328. I'm a 24 year old male. My doctor said that my immune system is fighting this off. He wants me to start treatment perhaps in october this because i'm guessing it takes time to get the prescription and my paper work with ADAP. Thank you.

Hello and thank you for your post.

Current US treatment guidelines recommend HIV treatment when CD4 counts are below 350 (as yours are); they also note that some experts would consider treatment when viral loads are greater than 100,000 (as yours are too).

Overall, I'd recommend starting treatment if your willing and able to adhere. There's no emergency in this and waiting a while won't be the end of the world. That said, it shouldn't take that long to get ADAP approval; all prescriptions in the US should be able to be filled in this FEDEX world within 24 hours.

Be well, BY

Milk Thistle
What meds i have to take