I want to have a baby.

My husband and I are both HIV+. We've been on meds for 8 years. My cd4 count is 450 at the moment and viral load <50. I have HPV as well. I want to have a baby. Will pregnancy have a negative impact on my health? Will my baby be HIV+? What meds should I take during pregnancy. At the moment I am on Triomune 30.

Hello and thanks for your post.

I'm happy to hear that you and your husband are doing well. That you're on medications and have an undetectable viral load mean that your long-term prognosis should be excellent. It's entirely possible for you to consider pregnancy- and staying on your HIV medications means that the immediate risk to your health or risk of transmission of HIV to your child is very low. I'd make sure to talk to your healthcare provider about your questions and plans.

Be well and good luck, BY

Atripla and Extenze
WHEN SHOULD TREATMENT START?