Dentist Who Specializes in HIV

I haven't been to the dentist for a long time. (been on medication for a year and has 0 VL and 500CD4). I have receding gum (2-4 teeth) and am a little concern. I tried HIVdent.org, but they don't seem to have the referral system anymore. Could you suggest a way find dentists who are HIV-friendly? Thank you for your help.

Response from Dr. McGowan

Thanks for your post.

Dental Care for people with HIV is supported through federal funding through the Ryan White Program. You can find sites that provide dental care through their website: http://careacttarget.org/community.asp. You should search the Category "Dental Reimbursement".

Hope this is a start.

Joe

Referrals
Srating therapy for the 1st time