The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Dentist Who Specializes in HIV

Jul 30, 2009

I haven't been to the dentist for a long time. (been on medication for a year and has 0 VL and 500CD4). I have receding gum (2-4 teeth) and am a little concern. I tried, but they don't seem to have the referral system anymore. Could you suggest a way find dentists who are HIV-friendly? Thank you for your help.

Response from Dr. McGowan

Thanks for your post.

Dental Care for people with HIV is supported through federal funding through the Ryan White Program. You can find sites that provide dental care through their website: You should search the Category "Dental Reimbursement".

Hope this is a start.


Srating therapy for the 1st time

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint