low dose asprin + HIV meds

Thanks for your answers. I had blood drawn for labs and the blood barely trickled into the vial. The lady asked if I drank water today and I had. I also had a glass of water 1 hour before the appointment. She switched to another vein in the opposite arm and the same thing, drop by drop. It took 20 minutes to fill the 8 or so vials that are required. So my question is should I add low dose asprin to my boosted Reyataz-Truvada? I am 39 year old male 6 years HIV+ undetectable and 1854 cd4. I also take Testim and Nortriptyline. I will drink more water but I worry about a stroke or something.

Hi and thanks for your post.

I'm not sure why your blood draw was so difficult, but a single glass of water alone won't be enough to correct things if your dehydrated. Drinking more water (unless you're talking about 5 gallons) won't increase your risk of stroke.

As for a low-dose aspirin, I'd talk to your doctor first, but while this may have some benefits in heart disease risk reduction, might not make the blood draw easier either (though might cause you to bruise more easily).

So, I'd talk to your healthcare provider about the situation. A one-time difficult blood draw hardly represents a trend; sometimes it just happens.

Be well, BY

confused
night swaets