can i eat after taking Atripla
Jul 22, 2009
hi. i know that Atripla should be taken on an empty stomac to avoid certain symp. but how long should i wait until i can eat? thank you
Response from Dr. McGowan
Thanks for your question. 2 hours after eating is usally enough time to clear the stomach. It is best to take the Atripla on an empty stomach to lessen some of the side effects (the blood level of one of the components is a bit lower on an empty stomach and may cause fewer side effects). Taking it with food would not compromise the effectiveness of the meds, just lessen the possible side effects.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Penis After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Spots After Touching Open Wound Worried I Have HIV
- Female Condom To Prevent Bleeding During Sex
- How Much Does It Cost For Std Testing?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.