urgent please

hi, i have this question in my mind and its comfusing me a lot, i was diagnosed last month with CD4 count 151, and the only unprotected sex relation i had was 2 years ago, is it possible that i was infected from that relation, and my CD4 count drops to this level, or can it be something else longer time ago and i didnt know about it until now? thank you very much for your time and your help

Hello and thank you for your post.

Yes, it is entirely possible to progress from initial infection to a CD4 count of 150 in 2 years. This isn't the average, but average means that 50% of people will have progression faster and 50% slower than "average". Nevertheless, without more frequent HIV testing, it's very difficult to accurately predict when someone acquired the virus on the basis of CD4 or viral load testing (though it's understandable why there's interest).

One large cohort study would suggest that, in contrast to common belief, that about 50% of persons actually reach an indication to start HIV medications only 18 months after initial infection. If true, than your situation isn't actually too far from the mark.

Either way, if your CD4 count is confirmed at this level (or just anything below 350), you should be considering starting on HIV medications.

Best of health to you, BY

seroquel, prozac and clonazepam
Stocrin side effects