|Can't understand results
Jul 17, 2009
Dear Doctor, I recently discovered a short note or type of results from my boyfriend but I don't understand the meaning of it. Can you please explain if he is HIV+
8/22/06 HIV AB FIA + WESTERN BLOT -
9/12/06 HIV RNA PCR QUANT + 530,000 copies/ml =5.71go
Is he HIV negative or Positive?
| Response from Dr. McGowan
The tests would be consistent with an acute (recent) HIV infection. I would dicuss it with him. If you have had sex with him without a condom I would suggest that you have an HIV test and let your doctor know that you may have had a recent exposure.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Red Spots After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Thrush After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Your Immune System Fight Off Hpv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.