Resistance to Viread, Envitra??
Jul 11, 2009
Hi I'm newly diagnosed and recently started treatment as well. My first medication was Atripla, which after one day I had a bad reaction to so I stopped taking it. I returned to my doctor and she put me on Tuvada-Lexiva-Norvir. My question is since truvada is part of Atripla, (which I took 1 dose of, then stopped for a week), do you think that the chance that I may have developed any resistance to truvada is significant?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thank you for your post.
So, be well. Let us know how you do on your new regimen.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is A Rapid AIDS Test And How Soon Can You Use It After Exposure?
- Is An AIDS Test 2 Weeks After Exposure Accurate?
- Is Diarrhea A Symptom Of Acute Hiv Infection?
- How Long Does Truvada Take To Work?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Do People Get HIV From Breast Sucking?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.