Resistance to Viread, Envitra??

Hi I'm newly diagnosed and recently started treatment as well. My first medication was Atripla, which after one day I had a bad reaction to so I stopped taking it. I returned to my doctor and she put me on Tuvada-Lexiva-Norvir. My question is since truvada is part of Atripla, (which I took 1 dose of, then stopped for a week), do you think that the chance that I may have developed any resistance to truvada is significant?

Hello and thank you for your post.

It's really unlikely that a single dose of Atripla would have caused resistance to the tenofovir/FTC parts (AKA Truvada). Hence, the regimen of Truvada+ boosted Lexiva should retain full activity.

So, be well. Let us know how you do on your new regimen.

BY

Questions
monoclonal protein