When you throw up medications

Hi. I am newly diagnosed and just started taking a Truvada-Lexiva-Norvir combo, and so far my symptoms are weakness-fatigue and a hard time concentrating. Last night though on my 3rd dose, I took my meds, and had had something to eat. A while later I got really nauseous and almost threw up. I didn't in the end, but it made me wonder what I should do if I had and how would it affect the drug levels in by blood and resistance being that it was not long after I dosed? Also is it OK to take something like Pepto Bismol for the nausea(or what would you recommend)? Thanks for your help with this and all that you guys do for us!

Hello and thanks for your post and comments.

We get this question from time to time. In general, the medications leave your stomach within 10-15 minutes; so unless you actually see pills in you vomit (yuk, I know), you won't need to re-dose.

BY

What is PEP?
Having problems with Atripla after a year