What NSAID is the safest to use?

I was diagnosed wit HIV two years ago and recently started taking Atripla. For the last several months, even before starting HAART, I've had continued aches and pains that I've taken various NSAID's to control. Since the pain seems to be something I may have to deal with long term, can you tell me which NSAID is generally safest?

Hello and thanks for your post.

Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)are generally safe to take for short term relief of aches and pains. I generally stick to the generics-- ibuprofen or naproxyn and stay within the package labeling with regard to dose.

If you require the NSAID for more than a few days or a week, or if you have underlying kidney or ulcer disease, you should talk to your healthcare provider before taking a NSAID.

Hope this helps, BY

Can you forgive me
What is PEP?