WHY AM I STILL DETECTABLE AFTER 16 WEEKS ???

Hi Dr Ben, please keep up the great work you do for us hivers, you are the man....

l started taking meds for the first time on feb 20 2009 viroal load 45,000 cd4 303 and %18

afer 2 months viroal 20th may 2009, my viroal load 440 and cd4 331 and %24

new tests on 15-6-09 viroal load 100 and cd4 333 and %25

are my meds working ??? why am still detetable after 4 months ??? l am on truvada and niverpine once daily in the morning,and never miss a dose, and please tell me why my cd4 has not gone up ????

thank you for your time and doing a great job for us hivers..

George

Hello George and thanks for your post.

I would think that your meds are indeed working- a viral load of 100 isn't too concerning at this point. I can certainly understand the emotion of wanting to see this undetectable, but this level is so low, that very insiginficant things can result in detectability- such as a cold, herpes flair or vaccination.

Nevertheless, I'd view your CD4 counts as modestly increasing; your percentage has gone from 18 to 25%- a good rise indeed.

So, stay with the adherence George- I'd expect your VL to reach that undetectable level soon.

Be well, BY

Isentress and Resistance
I would like to have a baby.