Side effects of Atripla

Is loosing weight one of the potential side effects of atripla? I force myself to eat alot and yet do not seem to be gaining any weight. In fact, I have lost about 5 pounds in the 3 months I have been taking atripla.

Hello and thanks for your post.

Weight loss is not generally associated with the medications in Atripla (tenofovir, FTC, efavirenz).

It would seem that if you're forcing yourself to eat that at the least, evaluating your diet and/or anorexia is in order. We'll often use dronabinol (Marinol) to stimulate appetite in this circumstance. Other patients are found to have low testosterone levels (hypogonadism)- they respond very nicely to simple testosterone replacement treatment.

I'd be certain to discuss your situation with your doctor.

Be well, BY

Combivir prescribed for 7 days
I switched To Isentress