RE:About my labs

I have been undetectable for a while, since September. Will I have to keep taking the hiv meds? I really wish you could be my doctor. My old doctor was not a relible doctor. He just kept me drugged so I couldn't ask questions. Just one more. I had an anyrusim last year. I have limited range of movement, as well as limited words. Is there anything I can do for myself? To heal my brain so I can at least talk right?

Hello and thanks for your post.

If your viral load is undetectable then your on a good HIV treatment regimen.

The best current data suggests that there are unexpected health risks from stopping HIV therapies. So, rather than looking on stopping, I'd be trying to examine the best treatments for you- if your having side effects or problems with missed doses, there are probably strategies to minimize these issues and to allow your body to continue to benefit from treatment.

As to your brain injury, this is not my area of expertise, but I'd imagine that having ongoing care from a physical or rehab medicine specialist could be of benefit for you.

Since it sounds like you have a new doctor, it would be good to discuss your concerns with him or her.

Best of luck, BY

RE:About my labs
Atripla resistance